Thursday, June 5, 2014

PALEO BROWNIES

I don't do paleo "treats" too often, I personally feel like it is defeating the purpose of what I'm trying to accomplish.  But once in a while, like everyone else, I like to indulge a little.  And this is a recipe I feel pretty good about, considering the minimal amount of ingredients.  And these brownies are JUST as good as the real deal, if not better.  Perfect for parties, or to eat the whole thing by yourself on the couch.  Em, not that I've ever done that…



INGREDIENTS

1 cup almond butter
1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
1 egg
2 tbsp melted grass fed butter (or ghee)
1 tsp vanilla extract (it's also good with almond extract!)
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

DIRECTIONS

Combine almond butter, maple syrum, egg and extract in a medium mixing bowl.  Mix on low until well blended.

Stir in cocoa powder and baking soda

Put the batter in a greased 8x8 round pan

Bake at 325 for 22 minutes (a little longer if you don't like them gooey.  but thats just crazy)

EAT! Top with fresh fruit and coconut whipped cream, or pumpkin spiced whipped honey, or maple butter, or combine my two favorite desserts and pile it up with chia see tapioca!


No comments:

Post a Comment