Monday, March 31, 2014

DANI'S TACO SALAD

This has been a staple in my life since I can remember.  My mom made it grown up, all my friends moms made it.  And everyone had their own way of doing it.  Mine used to have lots of cheese, sour cream, and a mayo based dressing.  When I started Paleo I had to find full flavor else wear.  The avocado and vinegar add a creaminess and zing that the salad deserves.  

INGREDIENTS:

For the salad
1 lb ground buffalo or bison
taco seasoning 
4 culs romain lettuce
2 cups shredded iceburg lettuce
1 avocado sliced
3-4 chopped campari tomatos
2 green onions chopped
1 small can diced green chills drained
4 tbsp fresh pico de gallo
1/4 cup chopped black olives
*1/4 cup shredded raw cheese, if you are doing Primal
- cook bison according to package.  I make mine with a homemade taco seasoning, and I add extra because it is so good.  Let the meat cool slightly.  Combine all ingredients in a large bowl (this salad is enough for 2 people in our house)

DRESSING
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp white or red wine vinegar
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
juice from 1 lime
2 tbsp Trader Joes green or red chili salsa (or both!)
- combine all ingredients and toss with salad.  
Mange!



No comments:

Post a Comment